Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pinterest reality.

Pinterest has so many fun and enticing projects...just waiting for me to try.  And when my hubby left me at home with all 3 kids with no car on a Saturday, I got a little board.  I don't blame Mark...he was running the Muddy Buddy race (which he rocked!!) and needed the car with the hitch.  Maybe I blame the kids for all of their argueing and whining.  Maybe I was just plain board.  But I decided to bake some of my cups.


These are the cups that came with the plate set we registered for at our wedding.  I rarely use them.  Mabye twice a year...for book club.  So I decided to "spice" them up.


I grabbed a sharpie, like all of the pictures I see on Pinterest.  They tell me to go to the dollar store and grab a cheap mug or cup.  Like I said before, this set of dishes needed to be "spiced."

See below...simple, safe...dishes.



The instructions say to write whatever you want with a sharpie, and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  At first I thought it was immediately permanent.  But when I made a mistake, I could remove the writing with a little elbow grease.

Here are the beautiful plates, already "baked..."



And after they were "baked", I couldn't rub off the writing.  I decided to use our verse (Proverbs 3:3, 5-6) on the dishes.  They were a wedding gift, right?  And I must say, it looked pretty good.

The only problem...I washed my dishes.  I know, crazy.  Here are the bowls...




We used the plate tonight.  Here is the view after washing...



So, lesson learned.  Pinterest is fun and full of projects.  But the pictures aren't always the real story.  I wonder if it would have worked on a cheap mug from the dollar store...  Speaking of mugs, my cups still have the writing on them.  I guess they won't be washed until next book club.







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment