Sunday, June 24, 2012

Tree house - update


Here are a few pics of the finished product...come on over and try it out!



















We added a swing under the deck of the tree house.  This swing use to have a home in the kid's playroom...but the playroom walls were starting to look a little "worn" from the spinning swing.  So it has found it's new home.
















The gang plank has a hinged bottom.  If we find the proper crank, it could be a fully operational draw bridge!
















The kids were given 2 bells for their tree house...and of course they insisted on using both.





The silver bell has an eagle handle and a bull frame.  Our sweet 85 year old neighbor gave it to the kids...I need to ask him where it is from!  I haven't been able to figure out the eagle/bull association.




























I made a rope railing...Caleb was my big helper on the project.































The pulley and rope have been upgraded to what the kids call the "chunky" pulley.  This is a source of endless fun.  I already caught Caleb trying to lift himself up in the pail.  I still have a scar on my head from my childhood "fort", where I also tried to hoist myself up in the pail.  Maybe it is a right of passage...





















This awesome plaque is from a naval ship and was given to Caleb by his Great-Grandfather.  The kids have a sign in list for the "crew."



Last but not least, Mark put roofing material and fascia board on the tree house.  It is officially waterproof.  When the temperature cools down, the kids are going to camp out in the tree house.



We also have a secret trap door...we are hoping to add a slide one day.  Everyone needs to have an emergency exit.

Anyone want to come play?  We love our tree house!  Thanks Mark!




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. You guys have done an amazing job. Wow, I can't wait to come and play in the tree-house! Has Nate been up there yet? What does he think of all of this? Thanks for sharing the process and the finish. I love it.
    Gran

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, Rachel! You guys did such a great job! :) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I love the tree house!! I am actually jealous of it. We had one as kids but it was just a board about 5 feet up in a tree. This is great. -Katie

    ReplyDelete