Monday, September 10, 2012

The kid's bathroom - part 2








Whirlwind.  Fall means back to school, soccer and martial arts...with 3 kids.  It has been a little crazy in our household.  Fun...but crazy.


I have been meaning to write this post for a few weeks.  The kid's bathroom is done.  Or, I should say done for now.  One day I will do some upgrades that will take a little construction.  But the current bathroom is light and bright.












I started with this fun shower curtain and kept the "wood" theme going.







I built a shelf out of scrap wood.  It was fun having Abby help me "distress" it.  We beat it up with any tool we could find.








It took me a while to decide on an art piece for the bathroom wall.  I considered a stain glass piece, but never found anything I liked.  I finally made a framed bible verse for my kids...all about growing.  We have been talking a lot about growing in our house;  not getting everything right, but learning through God's grace.  Just growing.




The kids now have an easy place to keep their towels...and keep them organized.




My fun project was a few mason jar soap dispensers.  It was so easy.





Just poke a hole through the lid, and slide your pump through.  I actually used a pump from an old dispenser.





Eventually, I want to add a rubber seal by the hole to protect the water from rusting the mason jar lid.  I plan to hit up Home Depot later this week.

I love the "new" kid's bathroom.  From dark and drab to bright and cheerful...









No comments:

Post a Comment